Hey doodies! Just wanted to drop in and apologize with the slow replies to messages, I have like 250 messages and they're all comments haha *dies*. I'll try to get through to answering some, but in the meantime the reason I haven't been on top of things is cause I'm busy as hell C: Finals next week (Yay!), finally getting the bulk of m stuff moved, my family's coming up for graduation, and work has been swamping me- They need experienced guards to go out and work with all the new summer hires, and there's a ton of them haha. I'm also working for my bartending licensee because I covered my friend's shift and made more in tips in one night than I do in a twelve hour shift haha. And some bad stuff too, but that doesn't matter
So fun stuff all around, unfortunately I don't think I'm getting much of a break for summer either but I'll try to be art-productive and get back in the swing of posting finished (for the most part) pieces again, work on my AUs, and of course do that pair project and the stuff I owe people~ I've also recently fallen in love with pokemon all over again, and ATLA, so expect stuff from that too, I hope you don't mind~
Also! I am in the process of designing a couple tattoos. Would you guys be interested in seeing the process as I go? I can just post the sketches but not if you don't want to be flooded with a ton of tiger, bird and tree sketches haha
Soooooo... How is everyone else doing? Good summer vacations?
Found a list of questions that you should be able to answer in order to have a nicely fleshed-out and complete character~ I like it a lot, and it was really helpful (if not really in-depth) Check it out! If you have as much fun going crazy in-depth with your character's... character, you'll enjoy this (obviously some of the questions don't work for certain universes haha)
1. What do you know about this character that s/he doesn't yet know?
2. What is your character's greatest flaw?
3. What do you know about this character that s/he will never admit?
4. What is this character's greatest asset?
5. If this character could choose a different identity, who would s/he be?
6. What music does this character sing to when no one else is around?
7. In what or whom does this character have the greatest faith?
8. What is this character's favorite movie?
9. Does this character have a favorite article of clothing? Favorite shoes?
10. Does this character have a vice? Name it.
11. Name this character's favorite person (alive or dead)
12. What is this character's secret wish?
13. What is this character's proudest achievement?
14. Describe this character's most embarrassing moment.
15. What is this character's deepest regret?
16. What is this character's greatest fear?
17. Describe this character's most devastating moment.
18. What is this character's greatest achievement?
19. What is this character's greatest hope?
20. Does this character have an obsession? Name it.
21. What is this character's greatest disappointment?
22. What is this character's worst nightmare?
23. Whom does this character most wish to please? Why?
24. Describe the character's mother.
25. Describe the character's father.
26. If s/he had to choose, with whom would this character prefer to live?
27. Where does this character fall in birth order? What effect does this have?
28. Describe this character's siblings or other close relatives.
29. Describe this character's bedroom. Include three cherished items.
30. What is this character's birth date? How does this character manifest traits of her/his astrological sign?
31. If this character had to live in seclusion for six months, what six items would s/he bring?
32. Why is this character angry?
33. What calms this character?
34. Describe a recurring dream this character might have.
35. List the choices (not circumstances) that led this character to her/his current predicament.
36. List the circumstances over which this character has no control.
37. What wakes this character in the middle of the night?
38. How would a stranger describe this character?
39. What does this character resolve to do differently every morning?
40. Who depends on this character? Why?
41. If this character knew s/he had exactly one month to live, what would s/he do?
42. How would a dear friend or relative describe this character?
43. What is this character's most noticeable physical attribute?
44. What is this character hiding from her/himself?
45. Write one additional thing about your character.
1. What do you know about this character that s/he doesn't yet know? - Jo doesn't know that when she dies she won't be allowed to be reincarnated until she covers Trickster's debts. Trickster conveniently left that out haha
2. What is your character's greatest flaw? - She literally doesn't know how to ask for help, and she has no sense of self preservation. Not that she's just really selfless, she just has an extremely underdeveloped 'flight' instinct and where normal people understand the need to be physically cautious Jo doesn't even think about the physical harm she can get into in any situation, which, if she did, she wouldn't have nearly as many scars and probably wouldn't have died like she did in the first place
3. What do you know about this character that s/he will never admit? - Jo will never admit that she secretly has this irrational fear that that everyone actually hates her and that she's really just a burden
4. What is this character's greatest asset? - Her greatest asset is probably a tie between her ability to self-motivate and stay optimistic and her people-reading skills
5. If this character could choose a different identity, who would s/he be? - Though she's happy with who she is, she would have loved to have had a chance at life and the career she was just starting as a human
6. What music does this character sing to when no one else is around? - Spice Girls, badly
7. In what or whom does this character have the greatest faith? - Jo has the greatest faith in two people- Eliot and Fuu. Jo knows Eliot will never let her down and she can't imagine a moment where Fuu has ever misstepped or shown weakness despite what she knows she's been through, and she basically idolizes Fuu
8. What is this character's favorite movie? - She is obsessed with Bruce Lee movies
9. Does this character have a favorite article of clothing? Favorite shoes? - Jo hates shoes, she never wears them. She tends not to get attached to things like that, but she had a necklace that she never took off until she gave it to her sister, and then her wedding band
10. Does this character have a vice? Name it. - Jo can't live without coffee, but hates it black so she also can't live without coffee creamer
11. Name this character's favorite person (alive or dead) - Her wife, Eliot. Later she can't pick between her wife and their kids haha
12. What is this character's secret wish? - Jo secretly wishes she was normal looking and still in possession of both arms so people would stop staring at her and she could look more approachable
13. What is this character's proudest achievement? - As a human it was graduating from Coast Guard bootcamp. Currently it's a tie between Eliot agreeing to marry her and the first time Fuu ever said she was proud of her
14. Describe this character's most embarrassing moment. - She once fell asleep during a meeting while in division seven in front of Komamura and drooled all over the and-written report she was supposed to look over and present. She thought it was going to cost her her promotion
15. What is this character's deepest regret? - Jo's deepest regret is leaving her family behind so early and forcing her parents to bury her.
16. What is this character's greatest fear? - Jo's greatest fear that she will admit to is needles. Her real greatest fear is being forgotten
17. Describe this character's most devastating moment. - When Eliot was infected. Later it's when she believes Eliot was going to die in childbirth
18. What is this character's greatest achievement? - Jo's greatest achievement is one that she isn't even aware of, and its what she teaches her students while she instructed at Shino academy
19. What is this character's greatest hope? - Jo's greatest hope is that her children will inherit a peaceful time and understand the consequences of war.
20. Does this character have an obsession? Name it. - Jo is obsessed with training, but even more obsessed with competition (and winning)
21. What is this character's greatest disappointment? - Her greatest disappointment is in herself- she has a lot of weird little things she regrets and thinks about far too often
22. What is this character's worst nightmare? - Her worst nightmare is losing Eliot or her sister, Rae. Her closest friends come in close second
23. Whom does this character most wish to please? Why? - Jo wishes to please Eliot, obviously, but she already knows she does so she is really concerned with pleasing Komamura and Fuu, both of whom shaped her as a shinigami and she feels she owes a lot to them
24. Describe the character's mother. - Nina Morelli was a hairstylist, 5'6" with naturally red-tinged brown hair. She was mostly Italian and spoke it in the house, encouraging her kids' bilingual abilities. She was on the heavier side and was absolutely hilarious. Jo wishes she had half the charm her mom did
25. Describe the character's father. - John Morelli was retired Coast Guard and a contractor. He was 6'5" and pretty buff despite his slight beer gut. He was also mostly Italian and bilingual, and one of the most mellow people in existence. He claimed he hated people but was extremely good at working with them.
26. If s/he had to choose, with whom would this character prefer to live? - As long as it had a beach, Jo could care less
27. Where does this character fall in birth order? What effect does this have? - Jo is the oldest, two years above her brother Nate and seven over her sister Rae. This laid a hand in her overprotectiveness and nosiness, and also forced her to develop a great sense of patience. It probably also lead to her more traditionally 'masculine' way of holding herself- she wanted to be like her dad.
28. Describe this character's siblings or other close relatives. - Rae Morelli is her little sister, She is currently a shinigami and has since reunited with Jo. As a kid she really adored Jo so she was absolutely devastated when she died. She grew up to be a happily married cop, but her wife died of cancer and she just kind of gave up in the end. She died taking two bullets for her partner. She is 5'11 and has long, sandy brown hair and a lot of tattoos, and she's toed the line of alcoholism a lot recently
- Nate Morelli is her little brother, and he was a freak of athleticism. He was a sports god, played football in college but lost interest in it when Jo died. He changed his major to kinesiology (from business) and became a physical therapist. He took a long time to settle down, and ended up travelling a lot before meeting the perfect girl that put up with all his stranger quirks. He was 5'9" and always took that a little personally. His hair was sandy blonde and he was built like a greek statue because of his obsession with working out. It is unknown how he died or what his whereabouts are.
29. Describe this character's bedroom. Include three cherished items. - Jo's bedroom is shared with Eliot, and it's a strange mix of Beach/surfer and total science nerd. They share a large bed and dresser, since their clothes are very easy to tell apart. Eliot's side of the room is usually very messy, where Jo's is kept pretty neat. Jo likes to collect knickknacks and put things on the walls, so her favorite items in the room are a bulletin board with a ton of pictures, a fox stuffed animal her dad gave her and she was able to locate and sneak into SS early in her career, and a hand-forged katana that Fuu gave her upon completion of the academy, something she did with all the students that stuck with her.
30. What is this character's birth date? How does this character manifest traits of her/his astrological sign? - March 10. Though she doesn't share a lot of Pisces traits, she is very perceptive, selfless, and marginally artistic (she plays the bass). She is also quite easy-going, and does love the water. She's far from sensitive however
31. If this character had to live in seclusion for six months, what six items would s/he bring? - She would bring her zanpakuto (she can't part from it anyway), a book of Eliot's choosing, her guitar, enough instant coffee to last, a sewing kit, and Eliot's pillow
32. Why is this character angry? - Jo rarely gets angry, but is frustrated by the fact that there's not more she can do for the war effort, and that Eliot has to work closely with the Shadows when she has already been infected once.
33. What calms this character? - Swimming, surfing, training, spending time with Eliot
34. Describe a recurring dream this character might have. - Jo has a recurring nightmare about Eliot's infection. She also has one in which her face is turned into a coyote skull, her arms lose everything but the bone and she goes on a rampage
35. List the choices (not circumstances) that led this character to her/his current predicament. - Jo's decision to push a woman out of the way of oncoming traffic got her killed. She chose to try to become a shinigami, and after Fuu's tutelage she chose to join division seven. (Fuu was a former captain for the seventh). She also chose to go chasing after infected Yamamoto, which is what cost her her arm and merged her with Trickster, which is also the reason she's able to do solo missions into Shadow territory
36. List the circumstances over which this character has no control. - Jo has no control over her fate after death, and she had no control over the changes to her body.
37. What wakes this character in the middle of the night? - Jo is a light sleeper, so she wakes up periodically due to noise and Eliot's snoring. Her sleep is rarely interrupted by her own thoughts, even her nightmares.
38. How would a stranger describe this character? - Jo, to a stranger, looks terrifying and unapproachable. Her spiritual presence is also foreign and unidentifiable, which makes people uncomfortable- they say it's like trying to read a flame
39. What does this character resolve to do differently every morning? - She actually doesn't think about that kind of thing
40. Who depends on this character? Why? - Eliot, for love and companionship- they're pretty much soulmates. Her group of vizards, to keep them from becoming too apathetic. Her students, to teach them and lend her experience. And later, her division, for leadership.
41. If this character knew s/he had exactly one month to live, what would s/he do? - She would dedicate two weeks to her friends, spending as much time with them, and then the rest of her time with Eliot (and her kids, if they were born yet). On her final few days she would go on a sacrificial mission. She tries not to think about this kind of thing, and forces herself not to think about her own death
42. How would a dear friend or relative describe this character? - They would describe her as possessing a calm intensity- she's generally very mellow but you can see the competitiveness and the drive. She's also easier to read than a book, and is as subtle as a train wreck. She's caring and compassionate but is not eloquent and is really just a total dork.
43. What is this character's most noticeable physical attribute? - It used to be her height and build, but now it's the empty air where her left arm is supposed to be and the creepy looking green eye she's borrowing from Trickster.
44. What is this character hiding from her/himself? - Jo runs away from her own limitations. She won't accept them, even when it's obvious she doesn't have a choice.
45. Write one additional thing about your character. - Jo likes to compete and spar, but outside of a training session she will never hurt an ally, even a friendly punch. She has no idea why it makes her so uncomfortable, but it started when she started getting serious with Eliot
Oh my days, she is legitimately the opposite of the main character of my main original story universe |D Jo is everything I admire, and my character A.L. totally has none of those attributes. She basically ends up being the master of running away and being completely overcome with fear and running |D
A.L.'s a total pessimist, but it's understandable, her situation is pretty much as dire as it gets. Then it gets worse, she eventually gets comrades, but that goes sour and ends up in a twoman team, and then shit gets more twisted, then shit goes unexpectedly good, and then it sortof goes through a final roughpatch and then they sortof get to a safe zone and ditch peasants (ok there aren't peasants, they're the general populace. It's pretty modern setting, even slightly a few years ago, maybe the 90s or so). This must be a confusing paragraph, OTL it's hard to explain her situation really. She does character develop though, seeing as she's forced multiple times to overcome her insanely active flight gene X3
I can't wait to see the pairing project. Sorry you're so busy. I thought I'd be less so, but of course as soon as I get out my dad jumps on my back, and just... ugh drama. Also... I hope you finish that fight pic between Jo, Andrew, and Kirei eue.
built to be an
important tool to
artwork. But as
deviantART grows and
strives to create
new ways to discover
that keywords as we
currently use them
We think we
can do better -- and
MonthHave you ever
wandered through the
here on dA and
wondered what the
category was for?
Then ask no
should almost be
obvious what goes in
here, but let's play
dumb for a
are inspired by
novels, and other
forms of media. They
engage our minds
with a variety of
Fan fiction authors
are so enamored with
these other worlds
FREE OC PONY
REQUESTS!!! Since im
sorta board right
now I will be doing
-optional -not aloud
-mandatory -if you
can, pls tip me? in
my donation pool?
(trying to save up
for a new icon!)
-llama? - gore,
someone else' OC
-MUST BE UR OWN OC!
who have been
members of our Group
for quite a while
are aware of the
fact that many of
Submissions end up
featured wherever it
is possible to...
Endorell-Taelos is very well known within the community for her selfless giving and gracious community spirit. Since joining DeviantART over seven years ago, Alicia has continued to make a positive impact on many deviants. Her helpful and thoughtful approach was one of her finest attributes when serving as a Community Volunteer, and this has continued throughout the many contests which Alicia provides on a regular basis. As we approach our Birthday celebrations, we can't... Read More